29 Nov 2017
Arthritis Society (The) - Ontario Division
Camp Kodiak (located in McKellar, ON)
Volunteer Transporter Job Description (Minimum Age of 19)
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Arthritis Society is recruiting for dedicated, caring and enthusiastic TRANSPORTERS to volunteer at Camp Cambria, a camp for children living with arthritis, from August 19, 2018 to August 25, 2018 inclusive (pre-training required).
Location: Camp Kodiak (Host Camp) Located North of Perry Sound in McKellar, ON
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: ▪ Supporting the Camp Director and Program Staff by transporting staff and/or campers by means of golf cart, as required, to daily activities.
▪ Transport campers and/or staff to medical facilities when additional care is required.
▪ Responsible for monitoring and distributing hot and cold packs throughout the day, as necessary. ▪ Act as a positive role model to staff and campers. ▪ Under the guidance of the Camp Director and Program Staff, Transporters may be asked to perform various supportive duties, including delivering refreshments to campers and assisting with luggage drop off. ▪ Ensure a high standard of health and safety of campers in all activities at camp, including the proper use of golf carts at all times.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
▪ Comprehensive understanding of the implications of living with arthritis, gained by living with arthritis and/or working/volunteering with people living with arthritis and / or chronic pain.
▪ Valid CPR/First aid training certification.
▪ All drivers must hold at minimum a G1 driver’s license and have experience driving.
▪ Satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Verification
▪ Previous experience working with children in a camp and/or education setting
▪ Excellent leadership skills, teamwork and communication skills.